The Beacon Logo The Beacon Logo

  • All Souls Church All Souls Church

    All Souls Church, at Haley Hill, Halifax, was commissioned and paid for by local businessman and philanthropist Edward Akroyd and was the crowning glory of his model village Akroydon...(read more)

  • Bankfield Museum Bankfield Museum

    Bankfield Museum is situated in the Akroydon Village conservation area and is the former mansion home of local mill owner and philanthropist Colonel Edward Akroyd. It has now been a museum...(read more)

  • Beacon Hill Beacon Hill

    Beacon Hill over looks Halifax from the east and, as the name suggests, is the site of the towns Beacon. The Beacon pan, used to signal warnings to neighbouring townships in ancient times..(read more)

  • Industrial Museum Calderdale Industrial Museum

    Calderdale Industrial Museum originally opened in August 1985 and aimed to represent the industrial & social history of the borough. The concept for the museum was concieved much earlier..(read more)

  • Dean Clough Dean Clough

    Dean Clough, Halifax, is a series of connected mill and industrial buildings that were originally occupied by Crossley's Carpets, who were once renowned as being the largest carpet man...(read more)

  • Eureka! Eureka!

    Eureka! The National Children's Museum, opened in July 1992 and is based on the North American model of children's museums. It's aim is to inspire children aged 0 to 11 to learn about..(read more)

  • Halifax Gibbet Halifax Gibbet

    The Halifax Gibbet was an early instrument of public execution that predates the guillotine and was used for executions in the town from around 1280 until the 17th Century. It is.....(read more)

  • Halifax Minster Halifax Minster

    The Parish church of Halifax was awarded minster status in November 2009 and it is believed there has been a church on the site for at least 900 years. Most of the current building....(read more)

  • Halifax Town Hall Halifax Town Hall

    Halifax Town Hall is a Victorian Grade II* listed building notable for its design by the Houses of Parliment architect Charles Barry. Barry was also responsible for the interior designs along...(read more)

  • The Piece Hall The Piece Hall

    The Grade I listed Piece Hall, dating from 1779, is the last of the great northern cloth halls constructed as a means to trade "pieces" of cloth in the 18th Century. Designed by Thomas Bradley in an Italianate style, the Piece Hall took 4...(read more)

  • Shibden Hall Shibden Hall & Park

    Shibden hall, located just outside Halifax town centre, is set in 90 acres of rolling parkland which offers a range of attractions including woodland walks, an orienteering course...(read more)

  • Wainhouse Tower Wainhouse Tower

    Originally intended to be a chimney for John Edward Wainhouse's Dye Works, Wainhouse Tower is now one of the most recognisable landmarks in Calderdale. Standing at a height of...(read more)